Monday 16 June 2014

Where to get your coffee from

Guests at my house are often diplomatic about our choice of furniture, and turn a blind eye to the state of the garden, but one thing I do get compliments about is the coffee we brew.  I claim no credit for this, as it is a blend my partner puts together.  I won't tell you exactly how she does it (I couldn't - even if I knew, but it's an alchemical mystery to me.)  However, I can reveal where we source our raw materials from, and if anyone knows anywhere better in the region, I would love to hear of it. 

It's called "ARCO - all about coffee" and is in central Lichfield.  It's a little place, pleasingly traditional (to the extent of not having a website, at least, one I can find) with a good spread of roasts and tastes. 

Lichfield can be a bit of a trek from Birmingham, I know, but if you are thinking of heading out there, make a day of it, it's a beautiful place - the garden of the Erasmus Darwin house being a favourite of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment