Tuesday 13 May 2014

Harborne Food School - UPDATED!

Can't tell you how excited I am to see that the food school in the Harborne Clocktower development is coming together.

There are hoping to open in November, I am reliably informed by whoever the nice person tweeting for them, and the space looks fabulous.

As soon as I can get me on one of their courses, I will let you know what I learn!

UPDATE:

Well, that was serendipitous - just after tweeting about this I was approached by the people behind this venture, and was offered the opportunity to look around the space that will become the school.  I can confirm  -in a fully impartial capacity- that it's going to be fantastic.

The building -as anyone who knows the area already knows- is an airy, delightful Grade II listed former Victorian school which, after some political grumblings, is now being restored on a commercial basis.  It is a perfect location for a food school - gorgeous vaulted ceilings, imposing, church-style windows and the original wooden panelling.  There is space for an deli area which will sell items related to the demonstrations in the main schoolroom, which will host lessons and  masterclasses.

The owners are clearly enthusiastic and passionate about the project, and I left the place with the prickle of excitement one feels when in the presence of a genuine labour of love.


Must dash, but I'll be keeping an eye out and will let you know when things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment